Friday, July 31, 2009

Blog Summer14

The last 3 days have been extremely hot. I mean, 30 degrees and above hot. Luckily, I can sleep in the basement where it is at least 5 degrees cooler than upstairs. It's amazing how global warming can change things up. Last night, my brother and I went to White Spot with my aunt for dinner. And it was packed! We had to wait 35 minutes before we got a seat but the good thing was, the air con felt pretty good, so it made the wait a lot better. After we got a table, it took me so long to decide on what to eat. I really wanted to try a pasta, but at the same time, people said that the burgers were really great. In the end, I chose a pasta. I got the fettichini alfredo with chicken and I thought it was amazing! I also ordered a glass of iced tea. And to tell you the truth, I didn't find it "iced" enough. Sure, there were ice cubes in it, but the drink itself wasn't cold enough and the ice cubes melted away with 5 minutes. I thought the portions were really big because I am a big eater, but I still couldn't finish my meal. In the end, I still had half of my garlic toast and 2 mouthful of noodles left on my plate. But for some reason, I was so full, I couldn't even finish it. Weird huh? My brother on the other hand ordered the fish and chips. Personally, I really liked the fish. It was perfectly done and the fish was really flaky. The fries were really great too. There was also coleslaw on the side, and my brother didn't like it, so I ate most of it... On the other hand, my aunt got a nice-looking salad with some multi-grain toast. She also got iced tea. All in all, I thought the meal was delicious, and I would go there again!

My random thought/statement of the day: Today is not as hot as it was yesterday or the day before that, and I am truly grateful for the cooler weather!

Toddlez!

No comments: