Monday, July 13, 2009

Blog Summer7

Lets just say that the reception was super-duper fun and fancy. In Blog Summer 5, I talked about the fancy meal the night before the wedding, well the dinner we had at the reception was even more fancy. Everything was pretty good and impressive and I am sure I will remember this meal for a really long time. But first let me start at the beginning. When we finally got there, we walked into the 5 star Four Season Hotel, and let me tell you, it looked amazing. Everything looked really nice, and all the staff there were really kind too! After about 5 minutes of trying to find the right room, we reached it. We were slightly late, but that was okay. The first thing we did was find our family members and then we went over to the open bar. I'm under age, so I just got a freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. You know how those juices from concentrate are overly sweet, well, this one was perfectly sour! I know some people are not too fond of grapefruit juice, but I just adore it! Then, I went hunting for hors' devors (excuse my terrible spelling!). There were 4 different choices in total, and I was lucky enough to try all 4. The different choices were: crab salad, crab cake, smoked salmon and grilled cheese, and (my fav) lamb chops. I was so lucky I tried all of them, and I was even more lucky to have had 2 lamb chops. The lamb chops came with a yummy dill mayo, and it was just so good together. Not only was the lamb chop tasty, but it was also amazingly juicy.

After a while, we were all told to go into the dining room where we were all assigned tables. I sat beside my brother and one of my cousins (we are really close). After a short speech and intro from the emcees, we watched a slide show of the bride and groom put together by themselves. I thought it was really cool, and the music really set the mood. Then, we started the first course, which was a soup right after the rolls arrived. The soup was a lobster cappuccino bisque and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I found the soup to be on the salty side, but other than that, delicious! Then, the emcees introduced some really close friends to the bride and groom who gave a short speech. After that, the appetizer was served. It was sablefish on top of cauliflower puree with microgreens and a terryaki sauce. I thought this course was the best out of all of them, and I really loved every bite of it! The sablefish was cooked perfectly, and it was very flaky and flavourful. Then, the groom made a sweet, short speech and we had our main course. The main was a fillet mignon with baby carrots and asparagus in a peppercorn sauce under mushroom coucous. To tell you the truth, I wasn't so fond of this course. The fillet mignon wasn't really juicy and it was sort of dry too. The couscous was slightly hardened, and I didn't find the peppercorn sauce to be that great either. Finally, we had dessert which I found to be one of the better courses. There was a chocolate cake and the wedding cake. The chocolate was rich yet not too sweet which was good and the wedding! The wedding cake was a strawberry cream cake and it tasted super duper yummy! After a speech of goodbye and thanks for coming, people were free to go. Although there was dancing and midnight snacks, we went home since everyone was beginning to get tired. Well, we went home, but some of my older cousins stayed for the open bar and dancing. But the next day, they filled me in on it, and it sounded like fun!

My random thought/statement of the day: Weddings are just so much fun! I can't wait till the next one! ;)

Toddlez!

No comments: