Monday, July 13, 2009

Blog Summer6

As you know, weddings usually have 2 parts. The first part is the walk down the aisle with the pictures and the pretty wedding dress, and later, there is the reception with the fancy hors' devours and dinner. So in this blog, I'm gonna talk about "the first part", aka the ceremony. The ceremony took place in Cecil Green in UBC. Both my cousin and his bride was a graduate there, so they go to use the place. (Apparently only alumni get access to that garden.) So I must admit, the garden was beautiful, there was a little pond with water lilies and dragonflies, and the flower bushes were just divine! But the actual ceremony was really cool too. This was the very first wedding I had ever been to, so I didn't have any expectations or links to it. I was fortunate enough to sit in the second aisle, so I got a really good view, and a lot of pictures. The guy that did the talking and the binding was really funny too, and it made the whole experience even more enjoyable. When we first went, we just walked around, took pictures in the beautiful building and talked to others that were attending the ceremony. Then, we were all called down to the chairs. I thought the whole ceremony was very nicely organized, and everything seemed almost perfect. After that, there were pictures, and then we were free to go. I thought that everything was really nicely done. After we left, we all decided to go and have a late lunch. Since the ceremony was at 1:00pm, we had lunch at about 2:30pm. After lunch, we all went home to rest up for the reception at 6:00pm. My younger cousins were all super-energized, so I played with them for a while before taking a nap. Then, I showered and then we went out to Four Seasons Hotel, where the reception was to take place.

My random thought/statement of the day: Don't worry, I will talk all about the reception in my next blog, so just stay tuned!

Toddlez!

No comments: