Monday, February 15, 2010

Blog Term2 Day80

My family and I went downtown today. It was really really fun. I woke up at around 8:15, but didn't actually get off the bed till 8:30. When I finally did, I washed up and had breakfast with my mum and brother. We had sticky rice and little steamed dumplings. They were yummy. At 9:30, my mom, brother, aunt, uncle, 2 cousins and I left the house and made our way to the Marine Dr. Canada Line station. We then went all the way down to Van City Centre, the second last stop before Waterfront.

Once we got off, we immediately made our way to the Vancouver Art Gallery. Even when it was only around 10:10, there was already an impressive line up to get in. I think we waited for about 45 mintues before we finally got in. But I've gotta say, it was worth it. The main focus was the Leonardo da Vinci anatomy sketches. But another major exibit was top floor, where they featured this rainforest-like place and if you went furthur into the exibit, theres this really awesome water/fog-like thing that spills down like a waterfall. Only it's just like steam or something. Totally cool! It also connects with an eco-friendly room which has interactive games to teach us how to be more green.

We walked around a bit, took several pics, visited the art gallery and just had fun. Then we went for lunch as it was already around 1. Right outside the art gallery, theres the zip line. I really really wanted to go on the zip line, but the line up was reallllly long. Like realllllly long. No kidding. So we went down Robson debating which restaurant we should stop by for lunch. In the end, we chose Tropica. (I think that's what it's called.) Tropica is this Malaysian and Thai restaurant. And the food was really really great. A lot of restaurants have yummy food. But the food today was in a way amazing. I don't usually eat Malaysian or Thai food either, so that was a refreshing change.

Then, we walked around Robson for a bit more, stopped by HMV and then made our way to Yaletown. We walked around a bit more before heading back on Canada Line and returning home. It was a pretty fun day, only there was a lot of lining up and not enough time. But I hope we can go again. :)

No comments: