Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blog Term3 Day69

SUN RUN!

Guess what? I didn't stop to walk at all! I am sooo proud of myself. I mean, I'm sure quite a few people don't walk, but I'm glad that amongst all those people, I was one of those non-walkers. Actually, whether I run my warm up laps or 6 laps or Langara, I never stop so this isn't so major. I mean, yeah it's 10k, but if you think about it, not stopping is just... not stopping. And it's something to be proud of. Cuz I'm not the fastest runner, but at least I have good stamina. At least that's what my friend said. And the only real reason I'm so happy is becuase last year, I didn't do so great. In fact, last year I walked most of it. Or at least it seemed that I walked most of it.

Anyways, I had loads fun. I started out running with my friends, but after about 3km, I went ahead. And then near the end with less than a km to go, I met up with my other friend and we finished together. It was pretty fun.

This time, there was no yogurt so I couldn't dip my bagels into the yogurt like I did last year. But there was chocolate milk which went great with the wheatabix. There was also juice, bananas and oranges, power bars, bagels and Red Bull. They also gave out these bags at the info tent so I got a bag for my jacket and the food. All in all, it was another great experience. The weather was fab, and although after about 5k my right achillies tendon felt weird, I had a fun time and I'm really proud of myself for not walking.

No comments: