Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blog Term3 Day14 Superblog23




























































































Guess where I went today? My mom, brother and I woke up early (kinda) to go and line up to see the Royal Canadian Mint exhibit. It was pretty intense. The day before, we went and from where we lined up, it was going to take about 4 hours, so we left the line. And this morning, we went to check it out. We got there at around 9:45am. And thought the library was gonna open at 10am. But becuase it's a Sunday, it opened at 12. In other words, the exhibit wasn't going to open it's doors until 12 too. So we lined up. Outside at first, and then they let us into that area inside. You know, the one with the glass roof (we're talking about Central here). And then from there, we waited... and waited. My brother brought his DS and my mum and I brought books to read. But in the end, I didn't get to read much. Mostly because I was super duper tired. Anyways, I won't bore you with details, and skip right to the meat of the story.

So finally, after about a 2 and a half hour wait, we got in. That wasn't too bad considering the fact most people waited longer to get in. We heard from the workers there some people actually waited 5 hours to get in. And when we did finally get in, all the people were like, "Thanks for waiting." and all that. It was pretty cool. So of course, we got to touch the medals, see the making process etc. But not without these white gloves that we got to keep. (Actually, I took some really good pics on my phone. The pics taken with the camera don't show the rest of the exhibit, only the medals... But oh well.)

No comments: