Sunday, March 21, 2010

Blog Term3 Day20 Superblog24








As you can tell from the pics, for lunch, we had burgers! They were really good. I think one of the best I've ever eaten. First of all, when it's not fast food, the taste is totally different. And with all the fresh toppings, it's even yummier. Plus it's actually a lot cheaper even though it takes more time to prep. Toppings included: romane lettuce, tomates, sauteed onions, sauteed mushrooms and havarti cheese. Patties were from M&M's Meat Store and buns were from Superstore.

Hmm, since I think mom still has the reciepts, I'm gonna price-ify all the items. Except maybe the mushrooms because they came in one of those pre-packaged-packages. And we didn't use ALL off them cuz there were a lot... Oh yeah, and the 2 onions... we don't know how much those cost but mom estimates under $0.50. For 2.

Buns (pack of 8): $2.97
Romane Hearts (pack of 3): $2.98
Roma Tomatoes (4): $1.00
Onions (2): ~$0.50
Havarti Cheese (15 slices aka 500g): $6.00; on sale
Mushrooms (didn't count): ~$1.00
Ketchup (how much we used): ~$0.25
Mayonaise (how much we used): ~$0.25
Margarine (how much we used): ~$0.10
Patties (they're called Bear Paws, purchased from M&M's Meat Store as stated above; pack of 6): ~$10.00

Okay, thats how much it costed for the food. NOT INCLUDING the manpower.
NOTE: ~ that means that I don't know and I'm estimating, becuase I do NOT know the exact amount of ketchup and mayonaise we used.... along with anything else that has a ~ in front of the price.

Of course, we didn't use ALL the buns, romane lettuce or harvati cheese slices, so when I do the grand total, I will minus out the foods we didn't use to prepare this meal.

Buns (actual price with the actual amount we consumed, 5): $1.86
Romane Hearts (1): $0.99
Havarti Cheese Slices (5): $2.00
And now, THE FINAL COST OF PREPARING 5 BURGERS: (drumroll please)

~$17.95!

That's not bad, not bad at all. Approx $17.95 for 5 people is really good. It's a lot healthier than eating at a restaurant becuase one actually controls what goes into the burger, and all the toppings are guaranteed fresh (since we prepared them ourselves), it's a pretty fun activity, and in the end, everyone's happy. Oh yeah. And no tips necessary. Unless it's for me... then thats a different story. Just kidding.

Nice calculating! Blog soon!
(Actually, I was planning on saying something like, "This is probably the last blog you'll ever see from me with MATH in it." But then I decided against it, and typed it out like this. That way, you'll still see what I was originally gonna say, but it'll be written ((typed)) in a way that looks like I'm not saying it at all, even though I am.)

No comments: