Friday, January 1, 2010

Blog Term2 Day36 AWESOME EDITION

Today is/was the last day in Hong Kong. In a way, I want to go back home because it's home, and I miss all my friends. But at the same time, I'm dreading the homework, the tests, and the staying up late to study and do homework. I like Hong Kong because it's vacation, the transportation system is amazing the food is awesome and everything is really cheap, plus the malls have really cool escalators with a lot of floors. But I don't like all the cigarette smoke, the gross washrooms, the smog, the bad air and the lack of lush green grass to run barefoot in.

Now on about today. For most of the day, we stayed in Causeway Bay. In the morning, after another late wake up by me and my brother, we had a light breakfast of jerky and raisin and lemon bread. I know, not your average breakfast. Then, we went to Times Square. Now personally, I'm not all that fond of Times Square because the shops mainly consist of designer clothing. But the mall consists of 9 main floors and these really cool escalators. So when we got there, we looked around a bit, and then my mom settled in for a Starbucks coffee while she gave us her permission to wander around the mall. Since there were no shops we wanted to see, we opted on doing several circuits around the mall. So off we went. First, we took the elevator down 2 floors, then the escalator up one, then the 2 storey escalator up 2 floors, then the other 2 storey escalator up , then the last 2 storey one up 2 floors, then the elevator all the way from the top floor to the bottom, then up all the way again, then down all the way again, then the escalators all the way up. (Don't worry, we weren't racing, just going around the mall several times.) Then we met up with mom and dad at the very top floor which was the bookstore and we looked at the books for a while. To get down, we went down the escalators again. Which was totally awesome because we didn't got down the escalators yet. We went up, but never down, so that was fun.

For lunch, we went to this new restaurant for dim sum with my aunt and uncle. And the dim sum was really good to. In fact, my aunt and uncle didn't even order the stuff I usually have. Aka the stuff I don't like! So I actually ate a lot of dim sum food today. And that was great! After a very satisfying meal, we went walking around. We went to several book stores and other little shops too. We also went to this sports apparel shop where my dad and aunt each bought a new pair of runners. Then a couple hours later, we had a really late lunch which consisted of some of the best wonton noodles in soup I've ever had! It really was that great, and with the vinegar, even better. Seriously, the noodles had a great texture, the wontons were just amazingly yummy and the soup base was really good.

After that, my uncle and aunt went back home while we continued to shop a bit more in Causeway Bay. Then, we went to SOGO for a bit, which is this really famous department store. There, my brother got this UMBRO sports jacket. For dinner, I believe we went to North Point where we had Chinese food. And it was sooo good. The restaurant was pretty clean for one of those small, non-formal restaurants, and the people there made me feel at home. Such an awesome meal. After eating, we went to a nearby Circle K shop where my brother and I each got a hot Vitasoy soy milk. That was really yummy too. I had original and my brother had malt flavour. Then, we took the street car/tram back to Causeway Bay where we night-strolled a while for the last time for this trip and then we took the public light bus to my aunt and uncle's apartment. I'm gonna miss Hong Kong.

No comments: