Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blog Term2 Day46

Usually, when I get home, the first thing I do after putting away my stuff and hanging up my jacket etc. is turning on the T.V. (Which is a terrible habit, duh.) Then, I venture over to the kitchen, open the fridge and look for something to eat. After that, I rush into the bathroom to take a shower before my parents get home. However, today I didn't do that. Instead of turning on the T.V, I took a shower first. Which is really good, and kinda a must since I had P.E. last block. After I came out squeaky clean, I went to the kitchen. And instead of raiding the fridge (I would have, but there's nothing in it.), I went to the pantry and got a pack of udon noodles instead. Then, I boiled them, strained under cold water, boiled again, strained again and then I pot-fried them with some meat, eggs and green onion (last night's dinner). I would have said pan-fried, but I used a pot. The whole makings of this dish took approximately 35 minutes. And when I look back at the time I spent preparing the food, I'm really happy. Usually, I spend those 35 minutes watching some stupid T.V show. But this time, I made a meal! (I don't know if you would count that as a meal, it's more like a snack since that one pack of udon noodles was shared between 4 people: mom, dad, brother and me.) In the end, the dish was really really good. Out of 5, I would have given that dish 4 stars. It actually tasted really good! Part of it was the yummy meat and eggs that my mom made, but the other part was the boiling of noodles and perfect amount of soya sauce and oyster sauce. Funny thing is- in real life, I hate oysters, they taste really gross. But oyster sauce tastes great. Weird....

Today was another amazing gymnastics day. That was the highlight of my day. Not only did I do the routine on the uneven bars, with some help from the teacher. But I also practiced some moves on the balance beam and I actually got upside down all by myself on the rings. I think gymnastics is becoming more and more fun.

My random thought/statement of the day: I LOVE GYMNASTICS!

No comments: