Friday, January 1, 2010

Blog Term2 Day35 AWESOME EDITION

Yesterday was another wake up, get going late day. But that's probably not new news. That morning, we left extra late. I think maybe around 11-12 noon? But that wasn't all me and my brother's fault, because we're usually up at latest 10am. Wait... except once when we woke up close to 11. Oh well. I think that night we slept at 2 though, so that's semi reasonable. Then again, everyone sleeps late when their on vacation! So when we finally were up and about, it was too late for breakfast. So we took the subway down to Mong Kok, one of the busiest districts in all of Hong Kong. My dad had called up his friends, and for lunch, we were gonna have dim sum with them. But lunch was scheduled for 3, so we had lots of time to burn away. Kinda a weird time for lunch though... Anyways, while my dad waited for his friends at the station, my mom, brother and I went up to Mong Kok. And like usual, there were a lot of people, a lot of cigarette smoke and (guess what) more people. Since we didn't have breakfast, we started to wander the streets. In the end, we got some curry fish balls, shiu mai and my brother and I shared a large cup of mango juice with mango jelly and fresh cubed mango bits on top. Yum. And a lot of mango. Since dad still hadn't called, we started roaming the street-stores. There, we bought some stickers, buns and pajamas. Pretty fun. After a while, dad called to tell us they already arrived at the restaurant, so we headed up for some lunch. At 3. And surprisingly, there were people lining up. At 3.

My dad's friends were pretty awesome. They were all nice, and the food they ordered was actually pretty good. Usually, I'm not that into dim sum, but there were dishes I ate quite a lot of. Hahahaha. After lunch, we headed for the double decker bus stop for Tuen Mun. Visiting grandpa for the last time before we leave. There, we went to the mall by the apartment where he lives and window shopped a bit. Well, we also got some stuff too, but mostly window shopped. We had to get a new 2 G memory card for the camera because we used up all the memory space! And we also got a new carry-on suitcase from Jusco. Then, we all went for dinner at a restaurant within the mall. We ate there before, and the food was pretty good. And the food we ate there was really awesome too! For the past few days, I've been eating the same thing over and over again, and I was kinda getting bored. The same style of fried rice, the same style of fried yee-meen (fried noodles), the same style of chicken etc. etc. But this time, we got to eat something new. It was the same kind of dish like chicken, but cooked an entirely different way! And that totally made my day. Yes, finally something new. Not that the other meals weren't good, because they were great, but I wanted to try something new. And voila!

After dinner, we did a little more shopping until the mall closed and then we went back to the bus stop to Causeway Bay. And guess what? I didn't sleep! Usually, on long bus rides at night, I'm almost always asleep the whole way, but this time, I was awake. The whole time! Yay! Then, when we arrived, we took the taxi up to my aunt's apartment. What an awesome day. We got to spend time with my dad's friends and family.

Happy New Year!

No comments: