Thursday, December 24, 2009

Blog Term2 Day27 AWESOME EDITION

Couldn't blog yesterday, so I'm gonna make it up right now since it's only 10:25pm. You know, usually, I'm still out at this time, and get back at around 11pm, so this is new. Actually, I got back at around 9:20pm. NEW RECORD! Alright, I'm gonna talk about yesterday, which was going to Disneyland. As you may have heard, the Disneyland in Hong Kong is really small. Which is true. Compared to the one in Cali, it's much smaller. But even though it was so small, my family and I weren't done seeing the attractions and shows etc. by the end of the day. And we were there from 12 noon to about 8:30pm. So although we were there for about 8 and a half hours, we still didn't get around to seeing everything. Pretty major huh? On the bright side, we did get to see and go on most of the fun stuff.

We watched The Golden Mickeys and The Lion King. They were both really awesome shows, but I liked The Lion King more because it was more theatre and acting (which I have learned to really appreciate since I'm in drama) although The Golden Mickeys was pretty good too. We also went on the train ride around Disneyland park. As for the rides, we rode on the It's a Small World, Flying Dumbos, the Cinderella Carousel and Space Mountain. I also really wanted to go on Autopia, but it was already really late. Plus, we had lunch there, which was okay. And popcorn too!

Another highlight of going to Disneyland was the Let it Snow parade. That was really fun and interactive. Plus, it was good knowing practically all the Disney characters. When I was younger, I was a Disney fanatic. I watched all the Disney princesses movies and knew all about Mickey Mouse and his friends, so going to Disneyland helped me remember a lot of stuff I had forgotten about Disney. Now, I have the constant urge to sit in front of a movie screen with a bucket of popcorn (or kettle korn) and eat my way through non-stop marathons of Disney princess movies. Not a bad idea. I think I'll do that when I get home. If the VCR machine still works...

My brother and I also spent about $80 on those Disney penny-pressers. When I went to the Disneyland in Cali, they had penny pressers. But because Hong Kong doesn't have pennies, we just give the machine $10 and they provide the copper-coloured coin. Is it worth $10 each? Probably not, since it's only a coin being heated and having cool pictures engraved on it. But in my opinion, totally worth it. Because first of all, it's cool, second, pretty, third, you could never make it at home and lastly, each piece makes a very good souvenir.

That day was very memorably awesome.

No comments: