Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blog Term2 Day33 AWESOME EDITION

Yesterday was all about meeting and greeting my mom's friends. In the morning, since my brother and I woke up late, my dad had already gone out the door. But finally, once both of us woke up and washed up, my mom, brother and I went downstairs for some breakfast. And when I type downstairs, I mean downstairs into Hong Kong. Because in Hong Kong, once you go out the door, you are already surrounded by the city and it's hops. Unlike home, where if you step out, there's a nice large green lawn staring at you. And then it's the rest of the neighbourhood. So different. Anyways, we had soy milk, steamed buns, pan-fried buns, a rice roll and wontons for breakfast.

After breakfast, we went on the subway to another district within Hong Kong, because we had planned to have lunch with one of my mom's old friends. So at around 12, we met up with my dad and mom's friend at the restaurant and had dim sum. We were still pretty full after that big breakfast, so we ate less than usual, but still quite a lot. If you know what I mean.

Then, we said our good-byes and my dad, mom, brother and I made our way to Mong Kok via subway. I really like the subway because it's the only actual transportation system within Hong Kong that I actually understand. The colour-coded maps placed everywhere might have a part in that.

At Mong Kok, our main goal was to get a cell phone. But at first, we just walked around. I really wanted to get a fresh mango drink, but in the end, we didn't get it. Instead, we got those egg-bubble desserts. Urg, I don't know what they're called in English, but it's those really famous waffle-like desserts. They're hot and shaped like bubbles, all stuck together in a honey-comb formation. Then, after polishing off that, we went to the cell phone store. There, while my dad and mom looked at cell phones, my brother and I played on those display X Box 360's they had at the front of the store. The game was pretty fun. In the beginning, I was totally winning, but by the end, I was creamed. Quite funny, actually.

For dinner, we had plans with a group of my mom's friends. First, we went to one of my mom's friend's apartment which was in the Olympic Village, then after everyone arrived, we headed out for dinner. When we were at my mom's friend's home, my brother, me and 2 of my mom's friend's children played Scrabble. I'm not going to mention their names because I don't have their permission. But it was fun. And that was the longest game of Scrabble I ever played in my life. We actually played until we were either out of pieces or couldn't use any more letters, and all the letters were taken from the bag. I won second place! That's pretty good. Considering I was losing in the beginning. I think. Anyway, it was really fun. That night, we came back at around 12 because we only left the restaurant at around 10:45pm. There were a lot of funny stories about my mom and her friend's childhood. Or at least teenhood. Funny!

No comments: