Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blog Term2 Day29 AWESOME EDITION

Merry Christmas! Well, technically, it's boxing day here. But because of the time differences, and the fact I couldn't blog last night, Merry Christmas! Since I didn't blog yesterday, I'm gonna do my yesterday blog today. Hmmm, lemme reminisce about what I did yesterday... Okay, got it! Yesterday was major shopping day, so my whole family went on a shopping spree and we got a lot of stuff. Naturally. We had breakfast at a small restaurant where we had soy milk, noodles in soup, sticky rice and steamed buns. Mmmm, the more I think about it, the more I want to have a large bowl of that hot soy milk. It was soooo good! The sticky rice was too, but I just had dinner, so I'm really full.

After breakfast, we went shopping at Giordano and Bossini. It's kinda funny- there are so many of those shops. I think every street has either one of those shops. If not both. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but there were at least 3 of each shop in that small bit of city we shopped at. I bought 3 shirts and 2 jackets. Then, after that shopping spree (my parents and brother all got new clothes too) we went back to my aunt's apartment.

Approximately 30 minutes later, my grandpa, uncle and aunts drove by and picked us up in my uncle's van. Then, we went to Stanley, which is this major tourist attraction. It's almost like a harbour. There are little shops, those mini portable shops that sell really cheap stuff that Hong Kong seems to have a lot of, expensive by-the-water restaurants, cheap by-the-water restaurants, a mini plaza and apartments. I took a few pictures, and I'll try to post them up when I get back home. Right after we stopped, there was a little shop where my mom got 2 mugs and my brother and I each got our Chinese and English names drawn with pretty paint brush-like strokes. After a while of walking, picture taking and chatting, we went over to McDonald's and had lunch. It's pretty unhealthy- I know, but I'm just telling it like it is. Plus, I have McDonald's very rarely. My uncle also took my brother and I to this small but expensive gelato shop and we each got a gelato. It was so yummy! Overpriced, but the waffle cone was really good. I had tiramisu, my brother, chocolate and my uncle, mango.

After looking around at Stanley for a bit, we went back into the van and made our way to the cemetery. There, we all payed our respects to my late grandmother. I miss her.

Then, we all went out for the Christmas dinner. We had Chinese food at this restaurant that was in the mall connected to my grandpa's apartment. The food was really good. And right before we went to the restaurant, my aunt and I went to this little shop in the mall, and we picked up some hair ties and clips. Good thing too- I was on a short supply of those. At the end of dinner, we shopped a bit more and then my family and I got a ride back to my aunt's. We were originally going to bus halfway back, but because both my brother and I were asleep, my uncle and aunt were really nice and drove us the whole way back. If you've ever been half-asleep and still extremely sleepy, you know how much getting a car ride back home means.

No comments: