Thursday, December 24, 2009

Blog Term2 Day28 AWESOME EDITION

Today was a more normal day. Not that the other days weren't normal, but for all those days, I was either going somewhere special, like Disneyland and Macau. Or had something specially planned out. Today, on Christmas Eve, my mom, brother, aunt and I went shopping. Hong Kong is actually pretty big, and I think I could get lost in 5 minutes. Well, it's not big but more like really confusing. In the morning, we had congee for breakfast. That was alright. It wasn't bad at all, but wasn't the best either. Then, we went on the subway to a mall, where we started our shopping trip. After going to that mall, we took the subway again to another mall. There, we did a little more shopping and my brother and I got some stationary which consisted of 2 pencils and 2 erasers, and we also bought a sketching pad for a friend, until having lunch at a small restaurant located inside the mall. The food was pretty good, and the portions were big too. I had baked sea bass on rice with lobster sauce. My brother had shrimp linguine, my mom, noodles in soup and my aunt, pan-fried noodles. I tried a bit of everything, and all the dishes were good.

After lunch, I bought a pair of flip flops from Roxy, and my mom got 2 shirts from Bossini. Then, we went our separate ways while my mom, brother and I went to a store called Watsons while my aunt went to get a cake. When we met up, we all came back home where we ate the cake.

After cake, my mom, brother and I went out again and met up with dad. When we finally met up, we had dinner and then shopped a bit more. Dinner was at a small restaurant that had made some of the best veggies and fish I ever tasted. Then, we went to Giordano and Bossini, where my dad got socks and a shirt. My brother got 2 shirts and I got a sweater/jacket. Then we took a small bus back home. Yay! What an awesome day!


Something I noticed about Hong Kong, even when it's night time, the streets and everywhere is always really bright. In fact, it's so well lit, you won't be able to tell the difference between night and day until you look up into the sky. Although that's good in some ways, it's kinda easy to see why Hong Kong has so much smog.

No comments: