Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blog Term2 Day31 AWESOME EDITION

Surprisingly, I'm still fully awake. Usually, around this time, I'm either super sleepy or I just woke up from a nap on the subway so I would be quite awake. Then again, I slept for 10 hours last night. I slept from 11:30pm to 9:30am. Then, the first thing I did was take a nice hot shower. After the shower, I had to dry my hair, and that took about 20 minutes because the hair dryer is quite exceptionally slow. But that's fine. Then I washed up and we headed out the door. We didn't really have any breakfast because we were kinda rushing since my brother and I both woke up late and I took forever in the shower. But when we did, we took the light bus down to the mainer part of the city.

When we arrived 2 minutes later, we walked to the 116 double decker bus station. After the bus arrived, and we boarded, we went up to the second level of the bus and rode out until we were at Kowloon City. That was where my dad used to live, so he knew where to go and stuff. We walked around a bit, stopping at the occasional shop. In the end, we bought some towels, 3 long pants, a polo shirt, 3 rolls of wrapping paper and a Yoshi plushie. Then, we headed out for lunch at this -apparently- famous noodle place. That noodle place was famous for fish balls. So I ordered a fish ball noodle in soup, my brother, wonton noodles, my mom, fish wonton and my dad, a little bit of everything with noodles. The fish balls were the best I've ever eaten in my life, so now I can say I know why that restaurant is so famous. After a very filling lunch, my mom, dad, brother and I walked down the street and about 3 shops away from the noodles place, there was this little shop that sold fresh squeezed juices. Yum. They actually made the juices right after you ordered them, and you could see them make it. That's always good because most shops put sugar and other artificial products into the drink to make it tastier. Both my parents ordered orange juice, my brother got the apple juice and I got the strawberry juice. In my opinion, the orange juice was the best.

After our nice little lunch, we took the train down to Fan Ling where we met up with my aunt and together, we walked to my great-grandmother's apartment. We stayed for about an hour, chatting, and eating cake, but mostly just chatting. It was pretty nice. Then, we walked back to the train station, and on the way, we bought a roasted yam. I happen to really like yams, so that was a very fun experience. At the train station, we said good-bye to my aunt and we boarded the train back to Kowloon station, then we took the subway to this mall where we went to an awesome book store. After purchasing several books, we walked to the ice rink. And guess what? The ice rink is inside the mall! Cool or what? I wish we could have something as cool as that. I mean, we have whole ice rink stadiums, but having an ice rink inside the mall is beyond cool. There, at the bleachers, we ate the yam we purchased earlier.

After washing our hands, it was almost 6pm, and we had met up with one of my mom's friends for dinner at 6:30, so we made our way back to the subway stations. After a short ride, we arrived at the restaurant (well, we had to walk from the station to the restaurant, but that took under 5 minutes). When we arrived, my mom's friend was already there. So we talked and then ordered. The food at the restaurant was really good. Then again, I don't think I've been to a restaurant in Hong Kong where the food was bad. So good food in Hong Kong is no surprise to me. After eating, we took the subway back to Causeway Bay and then a light bus to where my aunt's apartment is.

No comments: