Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blog Term2 Day34 AWESOME EDITION

For several minutes there, I was really confused. The night before last, I didn't blog, and last night, I only blogged for the day before. Meaning that I didn't blog for last night's today. So tonight, I have to blog for both yesterday and today. Confusing? Well, kinda. In other words, this blog is about what I did yesterday.

Actually, yesterday was a pretty simple day. Nothing too fancy. In fact, we spent the whole of yesterday at Tuen Mun which is another district. Right now, I'm living in Causeway Bay with my aunt and uncle. My grandpa and 3 aunts live in Tuen Mun, so we went to visit them. We've been to Tuen Mun before, but yesterday was the actual spend-time with grandpa day. Tuen Mun is quite far away from Causeway Bay, and since both my brother and I woke up late, we knew we were going to arrive at Tuen Mun after lunch time. We had to take the subway and then the bus for about 30-45 minutes until we arrived at the station. When we finally arrived, the first thing we did was meet up with grandpa and aunt. Then, we went over to the restaurant located within the mall they lived by and had lunch. By then, mom, dad, my brother and I were pretty hungry since we didn't have breakfast. I ordered beef udon in soup, my brother, spaghetti with meat sauce, my mom, Latska seafood noodles, my dad, chicken wings and pork rice and my grandpa, noodles in soup. The food was okay... But compared to all the meals I've had in Hong Kong so far, I think that meal might have been the worst. It just wasn't great. We also ordered drinks, and that consisted of, iced lemon tea, iced milk tea, hot chocolate and coffee. My drink was the iced lemon tea which is one of my favourite drinks. Besides hot Horlicks.

After lunch, we shopped around at the mall. The only thing we genuinely wanted to get were watches. My brother has a really nice watch he got for Christmas last year, so he didn't need one. But my mom, dad and me all kinda needed one. Well, both my parents don't need one, but theirs are pretty old. I don't even have a watch though. So I needed to get one. Once I went into the shop, I saw the perfect watch. It was kinda funny actually. Apparently my parents took a while to find a good watch. Mine is made of that silvery metal for the wrist and frame part. But the actual clock face is a deep blue. There's even a little box that has the date. Well, there's only the number, as in the day. But still, that's all I really need. And the best part is, (actually my favourite parts) are that it had a blue face, it has a silver wrist part, it's the perfect size- not too small but not too large, I can see the time perfectly, and it's a traditional one!!!!!!!! Well, I don't know if they're called "traditional", but they aren't the digital ones. It's the kind of watch with a clock face and hands. So awesome!!!!!!!! I'm against digital watches because although those have a lot more functions, if people always rely on those, they'll never be able to tell the time the good ol' fashion way.

After getting the watch (I love it!) we went over to my grandpa's apartment. There, we hung out for a bit. And I gave my grandpa his birthday present- a scarf I knitted!!!!!!! It took a while to make because I didn't want to mess it up. It's creamy white, and the yarn is extra soft. I think I got the yarn at either Zellers or Michaels... But anyways, it has a really nice texture. Then, my aunt, mom, brother and I went shopping for a bit. We didn't really get anything, just a couple of little cheese buns from the bakery. Then we went back to my grandpa's apartment to get ready for dinner.

That dinner's dedication was to my grandpa since his birthday is coming up. My great-uncle came in his car to pick up my grandpa, mom, brother and me and we took the long route to the restaurant while my dad and aunts took the bus there. The reason being, my great-uncle was gonna show us some scenery. It was actually really pretty with all the lights when it was dark out. Not bad. The only thing bad was the population, which I could see in the sky. At night, the sky is purple because all that smog is covering the beautiful midnight-blue colour. How sad... You can't even see a single star. Then again, it's Hong Kong. We even stopped by a hotel and took several pictures. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was already 6:45pm. Perfect timing, even though we were a tad bit late. The dinner was really nice, and the quality of the food was really great too. Not bad at all. What an awesome family day!

No comments: