Saturday, December 26, 2009

Blog Term2 Day30 AWESOME EDITION

Today, I woke up at around 9. I might have slept until 9:30, but we were meeting my mom's friend at 10:30, and the location was kinda far away. But with Hong Kong's amazing transportation systems, one could get practically anywhere efficiently and on time. That's one of the things I like about Hong Kong. So after we arrived, we talked a bit, and gave presents to each other at my mom's friend's house. Then, we went out for dim sum. In truth, I'm actually not very fond of dim sum. I think it's because when I was younger, I had a lot. So now, I only eat a handful of stuff. But that's okay. Because there's always something I like among all the things I don't really love. So in the end, I'm content.

Then, we went shopping from after dim sum all the way to dinner time. My dad met up with his old friend and my mom's friend's family went on their own way. So in the end, it was just my mom's friend, my mom, brother and me that went shopping. We bought pajamas, a stuffie for my friend, and some other small things. I couldn't even find any good pens for my friends. There were a lot of pens for sale, but none were really that great.

At around 4, we let my mom's friend go, because it was getting kinda late, and she had to get back home. Then, just the 3 of us, we got some snacks. The snacks consisted of smelly tofu (a famous snack in Hong Kong), mango smoothie and aloe vera smoothie. Then, we met up with dad, and we went to this restaurant for dinner. I had steak, my mom, lamb, my brother spaghetti with a fish fillet and my dad, chicken and rice. It was pretty good. The food was average, but the service was amazing. Actually, most restaurants in Hong Kong have pretty good service. Well, then again, it depends on what kind of restaurant too. Because there are different genres. So it's hard to compare.

No comments: