Friday, September 18, 2009

Blog Term1 Day10

Today, for a field trip, we went to Bard on the Beach to watch All's Well that Ends Well. I have been to Bard on the Beach once before, which was last year. That was when we watched Twelfth Night. And it was amazing! I thing about Twelfth Night and All's Well that Ends Well is that they are both comedy, but so different in a way. Shakespeare does have the same kind of pattern when it comes to his plays, but the genre is the same and different all at the same time. It's really quite fascinating. I was really amazed at how professional and good the actors were. I mean, every single one of them were just truly amazing! For example, there was one part where somebody accidentally nudged the clothes clip down, but one of the actors just picked it up as if it was part of the script. And for a moment there, I was debating whether or not it was actually on the script or not. It's just amazing how fluidly everything went. I know Shakespeare's plays are no walk in the park, being a student-actress. So I can fully appreciate how much effort these actors have gone through. Not just the actors, but also the people who manage the music, lighting and other special effects. Those people are usually grossly under appreciated, but they are the ones who truly put the while play together. So my congratulations go to the whole cast of Shakespeare's All's Well that Ends Well. Which includes everyone! I always get a thrill from going to Bard on the Beach. I don't really understand the Bard part about the Beach, but I always look forward to going and seeing their plays. Some day, I want to be as good an actor as all those people!

To get there and back, we also took public transit. I want to talk about that because we went on the Canada Line, which was extremely exciting for me. I also learned how to navigate myself around on the Canada Line and the bus. I'm not totally comfortable with going on the Canada Line by myself, but I probably could if I had to. I realized that the more I go on public transit, the better I feel about myself taking the bus independently, which is very good. So in the future, if we ever go on a field trip, I really hope we take public transit, that way I can learn more street names and stations. Now, I know where the Waterfront Station is! And a whole bunch of other ones! Yay me!

My random thought/statement of the day: Go Canada Line!

Toddlez!

No comments: