Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blog Term2 Day96

Oh great, for some reason, I seemed to have hurt one of my tendons in my right leg. I don't even know why. I think I pulled something. Actually, I don't know if it is a tendon, but I think it is. So now, as I type this blog, my right leg is resting on a heat pack. It feels really soothing too! Ahhh! I just rearranged the pack so that it is in a more comforting position. For applied skills today, we started knitting! I really love knitting because it is super-duper fun. But the only problem is that it takes a lot of time and it's extremely easy to make mistakes. I was taught how to knit by my grade 5 teacher. I only know the knit knit. Not the pearl knit. I have been taught the pearl knit, and I know the concept, but I make so may mistakes, that I consider myself alien to the pearl knit. Actually, it's quite simple. The pearl knit is only the opposite of the knit knit. But I always get confused, which results in holes, missed stitches and other mistakes. The most I have ever knitted was a blanket... But the blanket was for my stuffed animals! So it wasn't very big! Usually, when I tell people I knitted a blanket, they think I am really really good. And then I tell them it was only for my stuffed animals. It just gets really funny because usually, they just say,"Oh." or something. I just like knitting overall! When I was in grade 5, (when I didn't even have half the amount of homework I have currently) I used to knit lots. I remember this particular night I sat in bed and knitted for an hour straight. In the end, I only accomplished 8 rows because it took me forever to get the hang of it. But I was really concentrated and determined, so I finished it in the end.

My random thought/statement of the day: I think that I must get more yarn! (And if I can, the multi-coloured ones) because those look sooooo much cooler!

Toddlez!

No comments: