Friday, November 14, 2008

Blog Term1 Day71

You know what the funny thing about Chinese school is? It is really painful and hard, but in the end, it's helpful. I am facing a huge dilemma. This year is my last Chinese school year, which means I am graduating. I'm happy because I can get it over with, but I really really really don't want to loose this skill over these years. Since last year, I haven't really been putting my full effort into Chinese school. I used to be really really good, but now, I'm practically the worst in my class. My reading and writing skills are really bad, and my talking isn't that awesome either. I find that it is really hard for me to learn a language when I only use it so little during the day. I mean, my parents and grandpa speak Chinese to me, and I listen at home. But it is the writing and reading that is terrible. If someone stuck a Chinese book under my book, and ordered me to read, I could only make out a couple of words. It's not that I tune out during Chinese school. I don't. It's just the fact that I use it, and then I forget. If I didn't forget all the words, and kept them all in my head, I could read almost as good as my mom. But I forgot it all, and it's all coming back at me... at my last year in Chinese school. Now, I will probably just make it to graduation, with all the stuff that I have learned over these past 13 years, gone. I regret it, I truly do, but it seems too late to do anything... is it? I only have about half a year to learn this language. Can I do it? I think I can (wait, isn't that reactive?) Okay, you know what? I will! try. It just seems so intimidating. And as I sit here, I realize that if I don't keep up my Chinese, I highly doubt I every will. It will just slip away over the years until the only thing I know will be my Chinese name... One of these days, I will move to China or Hong Kong for a year or two, until my Chinese is perfect, and then, I will come back and complete the rest of my life in Canada. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. I will make that one of my goals. I will do this thing!


My random thought/statement of the day: I WILL DO THIS THING!


Zoy geen! (Chinglish for toddlez!)

No comments: