Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blog Term1 Day29

Yum, everywhere I look, there are golden-brown Thanksgiving turkeys staring at me. Don't get me wrong, I love turkey and everything... but do you know how many turkeys are slaughtered every Thanksgiving? I don't actually have the statistics, but let me tell you, the numbers aren't low. In fact, that might just be worst understatement in the world. One of my friends did a ppt presentation on animals being slaughtered, and when it came to Thanksgiving, a lot of turkeys were killed. In fact, the numbers were so high, I think everyone was surprised. I feel sorry for turkeys and and other meats we eat, but not quite sorry enough to become a vegan or vegetarian. The thing is, even if people become vegetarians, the number of slaughtered animals will not drop anymore. That is the sad part about life... But oh well, a lot of things happen in this world... If there are people that agree with something, there are always people who appose them.

My random thought, statement of the day: Practice went very well today, I got quite aggressive and hyper in the last half hour though... Good thing I did not hurt anybody except my toe. (Accidentally shot a ball at my best friend though, good thing her shin guards protected her.)

Toddlez!

No comments: