Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog Term1 Day38

Yay, it's Friday! Finally! This week seemed to crawl by. But now that it's Friday, it actually feels like time flew by. Weird how time works, don't you think? At the moment, I'm listening to Paramore. Never really knew about Paramore, but my friend introduced me to the band, and I really like them. They are totally my kinda music. I feel like I have a lot to talk about today, so here goes. In socials, we are doing a series of presentations in groups. 3 people per group. And each group researches a different country or state that has had some social problems or wars. In my group, we researched East Timor. This project was actually given to us about a month ago, and ever since then, every weekend, my buddies and I have met up to work on it. And starting early really made a difference. I'm usually pretty last-minute, but with group members, especially from Synergy, it helps me stay on task and work once I get the assignment. We performed today, and I think (and know) we did an amazing job. We had all rehearsed a lot and did a lot of research and I'm super duper happy we did that, because we got an amazing mark in the end. Actually, I'm not too sure about what mark we got because I had to leave class early, but one of my group members told me we did a really great job. And I'm really proud of myself.

However, I had a math quiz today, and I totally messed up on it. It's pretty sad, really because most of my mistakes are really stupid ones that could have been prevented. And even though I got 12/18 (which is pretty bad), I'm determined not to make me sad. Of course, it made me sad for about 5 minutes, but bad marks are good in a way, because that way, we can learn to accept what we got and let it pass. Not only that, but now I know to work harder and be more careful. I also happen to have a math test next class, so I'm gonna study my notes. I didn't bring my textbook home, but I think I'll be fine without it... I hope.

We also had another field hockey game today, we we won again! Yay! I know that winning isn't everything, but it sure is fun! To tell you the truth though, I don't think our team did very well. We were really slow the whole game and all of us were tired. I'm not too sure why. But I think it has something to do with not getting enough sleep. Plus, whenever there were Friday games (like today), all everyone wanted to do was go home and sleep and get the weekend started! But I guess we did pretty well in the end, since the score was 4-0. Not to brag or anything. ;)

My random thought/statement of the day: I wanna sleep!

Toddlez!

No comments: