Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blog Term1 Day30

Alright, this blog is about the LANGARA RUN. To tell you the truth, I love the Langara Run, and I really wouldn't mind running Langara every month. But if I ever suggested that, people would think I'm crazy. But then again, it's not a secret I love to run Langara. Practically all my friends know it, and if they don't know, it's because they never asked. I just love running Langara because it's like running in the woods (which is technically what it is). I don't need to bring music to listen to (unlike the 6 lap run) because the nature and surroundings always capture my attention. So I just run. And run. And run. And I never ever stop to walk or anything like that. I don't even let myself slow down unless I am on the verge of getting really sick or something. But that's never happened to me, so I'm good for now. Although I love Langara, that doesn't mean things can go wrong when I run it. Like today. We had our annual term 1 run. And all had seemed to be going pretty well. Until I was rounding that last corner. Suddenly, my left foot kinda fell into a hole (or tripped on a root, I'm not too sure) and my whole foot landed on a funny angle, and I put pressure on by stepping down. I didn't mean to step down or anything, but it happened all so fast, I wasn't sure what to do. Thankfully, I'm really into exercising before doing any sports, so I was saved from a major twisted ankle or anything bad. But still, it really really really really hurt. But I still had about 400 meters to go. So I did the first thing that came to my mind, and I limped as fast as I could to the finishing line. Usually, in the last 200 meters or so, I run. Not just run... I sprint like there's not tomorrow. But I couldn't do that, so that made me very very unhappy. And I ended up with a very suckish time. I know I tried my best and all, but it makes me very unhappy that I got a suckish time because I sprained my ankle on the last bit. But I guess I can't do anything about. So in term 3, I am sooooooooo determined to get a really awesome time.

My random thought/statement of the day: We had another field hockey game today, and we won big time! The score? 5-0. Awesome huh? (I'm usually pretty modest about it, but today's different!)

Toddlez!

No comments: