Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog Term1 Day48

I really love field hockey. It's one of the best and funnest sports to play. Ever. There's running involved. You get a stick. And a ball. And for safety, you must always wear shin guards, runners or cleats and a mouth guard. And that's it. After that, you can do whatever. There are a few techniques to learn. And after you learn them, the ideal situation would be to practice, practice and practice. There are dribbles, passes, hits and just really awesome cool tricks that I can never do but attempt to do. Daily. Then, there's the whole teamwork factor which I love. When you're on the field and the ball rolls your way, you can hear your team members cheering you on. And it feels so darn good. I think that's the thrill of playing in a team. Sure, sports are fun to play by yourself (if you can actually do something) but when it comes to teamwork and good sportsmanship, nothing can beat that good feeling you get inside. From the moment we arrive on the field and practice, it's all fun. Up until the very last part where we say our, "Hip hip horrays! (times three)". And high five the other team. Then, theres always the thrill of winning, the slightly upset feeling of losing. And after each game, we all run to our goalie and either tackle her, or hit her real hard on those large shin pads she has with our field hockey sticks. And I realized something very very important. The stick we have truly affects the play. Earlier, before the game started, I lent my stick out to one of my team members and then, I borrowed a stick from somebody else. And the stick felt so different from my own. And now, I've come to realize how very different each stick is and how important a stick is to everything.

My random thought/statement of the day: Just as an FYI fact, GRAYS sticks are very good and I love the quality and how the sticks can handle the ball.

Toddlez!

No comments: